Byhalia, Mississippi
3.9K views

Dish is running a promotion for a 2-year deal, with no hidden fees, and guaranteed price lock.Included in a $100 Gift Card and some other incentives such as Netflix and 3 months movie packs.

I accepted the offer and was immediately charged a "one-time" admin fee of $49; which reduces the gift card to $51. Then I expected to have the card sent to me upon activation as promised by Dish, but was provided an email with a link to "MPellSolutions to redeem my gift card. MPELL then instructs me to purchase either a money order or cashiers check for $2.95 and send them or they won't process a request for me to receive the promised $100.00. I called Go-Dish on Monday evening (Nov 30, 2015) and a lady who only identified herself as the night supervisor was pretty hostile and insisted on telling me that I had no choice but to comply if I wanted the $100.

She did manage to stop talking over me as I insisted that I was going to remain polite, but respectfully disagreed with her and asked for the name and contact information to a supervisor. She gave me the name "Dusty" and stated that he wasn't in. She also gave me a regular number, which I will follow up with.

There are certainly some ad issues at stake here, along with very deceptive customer service principles.

This reviewer shared experience about "false advertisement" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $100. The author is overall dissatisfied with GoDish. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about GoDish.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Media category for more informed decision or compare GoDish to other companies on our site.

Comments

so it been 13 days i cannot pull the from up for my 100 dollars i believe it a scam to get your business Direct tv dont lie they keep there words in that mean a lot to me. i been played

I actually did fill out he form from a website given to me and did not have to send any money order.i just did what the sales agent that helped me told me to do and was able to receive my gift card like promised.

i assume that maybe there was miscommunication between you all. i always ask and take notes when i get into any contract.

all the disclosures that need to be read must be listen to very carefully and not simply ignore them.i am a very happy customer.

I also had Dish installed at my home yesterday and I am already having problems. They told me there would be a 1 time charge of $ 49.99. But guess what i was also charged $ 54.00 more from the installer from outside.

AnonMouse
to ANA #1273842

You're honestly surprised?

Bridgton, Maine, United States #1262089

Danville, West Virginia, United States #1245116

Sounds like what I've gone through!!NEVER received my $100.00 card.

Had to pay extra for wireless hoppers bc the tech COULDN'T figure out where the lines were?! Lol When Comcast had just been disconnected. I should've stayed with them and paid extra! At least I didn't jump from a $39.99 package to $80 something a month like Dish does!!

And don't get half of the channels that I'm paying for!!

Contacted a lawyer friend.I'm going to be out of the contract bc they didn't want sued!!

AnonMouse

People, did any of you stop and think for a moment that this 'group' might not actually be affiliated with DISH proper? Has anyone actually CALLED DISH to find out if this 'company' are actually working with them?

Keyser, West Virginia, United States #1224575

I agree. The same issue happened with me

No surprise! I have gotten many surprises since signing with Dish, none so far have been good!

Springfield, Missouri, United States #1195689

new customer only had my services for 3 months and it has been a horrible experience from day one.i still have not received my $100 visa card.

please listen do not get DISH cable.HORRIBLE