Byhalia, Mississippi
4.7K views

Dish is running a promotion for a 2-year deal, with no hidden fees, and guaranteed price lock.Included in a $100 Gift Card and some other incentives such as Netflix and 3 months movie packs.

I accepted the offer and was immediately charged a "one-time" admin fee of $49; which reduces the gift card to $51. Then I expected to have the card sent to me upon activation as promised by Dish, but was provided an email with a link to "MPellSolutions to redeem my gift card. MPELL then instructs me to purchase either a money order or cashiers check for $2.95 and send them or they won't process a request for me to receive the promised $100.00. I called Go-Dish on Monday evening (Nov 30, 2015) and a lady who only identified herself as the night supervisor was pretty hostile and insisted on telling me that I had no choice but to comply if I wanted the $100.

She did manage to stop talking over me as I insisted that I was going to remain polite, but respectfully disagreed with her and asked for the name and contact information to a supervisor. She gave me the name "Dusty" and stated that he wasn't in. She also gave me a regular number, which I will follow up with.

There are certainly some ad issues at stake here, along with very deceptive customer service principles.

This reviewer shared experience about "false advertisement" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $100. This person is overall dissatisfied with GoDish. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about GoDish.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare GoDish to other companies on our site.

Comments

I had Dish installed into my home two weeks ago and was promised ahundred dollar Visa card .I was given a web site to log into with no success.

(offers.godish.com) I went there and found that there wasn't a form to fill in for the Visa Card.So, how do I get it?

GoDish is an authorized retailer for DISH.They are not DISH.

We are an authorized retailer as well and don't offer the $100 gift card and do not charge the $49.99 activation fee. The same as DISH corporate.

Unfortunately, consumers see the ads for GoDish and jump at it hook, line and sinker.DISH is a good product when properly represented but companies like GoDish give all retailers a black eye.

so it been 13 days i cannot pull the from up for my 100 dollars i believe it a scam to get your business Direct tv dont lie they keep there words in that mean a lot to me. i been played

I actually did fill out he form from a website given to me and did not have to send any money order.i just did what the sales agent that helped me told me to do and was able to receive my gift card like promised.

i assume that maybe there was miscommunication between you all. i always ask and take notes when i get into any contract.

all the disclosures that need to be read must be listen to very carefully and not simply ignore them.i am a very happy customer.

I also had Dish installed at my home yesterday and I am already having problems. They told me there would be a 1 time charge of $ 49.99. But guess what i was also charged $ 54.00 more from the installer from outside.

AnonMouse
to ANA #1273842

You're honestly surprised?

to ANA #1427220

I refused to pay the $49.00 and the dish agent waived the fee when she thought I was going to back out.

Bridgton, Maine, United States #1262089

Danville, West Virginia, United States #1245116

Sounds like what I've gone through!!NEVER received my $100.00 card.

Had to pay extra for wireless hoppers bc the tech COULDN'T figure out where the lines were?! Lol When Comcast had just been disconnected. I should've stayed with them and paid extra! At least I didn't jump from a $39.99 package to $80 something a month like Dish does!!

And don't get half of the channels that I'm paying for!!

Contacted a lawyer friend.I'm going to be out of the contract bc they didn't want sued!!

AnonMouse

People, did any of you stop and think for a moment that this 'group' might not actually be affiliated with DISH proper? Has anyone actually CALLED DISH to find out if this 'company' are actually working with them?

Keyser, West Virginia, United States #1224575

I agree. The same issue happened with me

No surprise! I have gotten many surprises since signing with Dish, none so far have been good!

Springfield, Missouri, United States #1195689

new customer only had my services for 3 months and it has been a horrible experience from day one.i still have not received my $100 visa card.

please listen do not get DISH cable.HORRIBLE

Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States #1182223

Having a similar problem. Have been trying since March 2016 to get mine and still do not. Now July

David S

Aiken, South Carolina, United States #1181137

The same has happened to me.Very deceptive, very WRONG!

I will finish my contract with Dish - unfortunately 2 years - and never come back.

Dish, by the way, disclaims all responsibility for the 49.99 charge, says they are not responsible for it.Did they hire GoDish, or what?

to Anonymous New Springfield, Ohio, United States #1261532

They did this to me to!I called my bank and told them to shut it down that that was a scam for 49.99 and my bank told them I didn't say they could take it out so it will be refunded!

And legit I'm still pissed over that!I paid enough to these mother fers

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States #1176398

As anonymous

Wish I would have read this first too!

I have complied and sent in their Rebate Form along with a $2.95 money order.I must say, I've worked at a police department for 12 years and this screams "SCAM' to me.

We'll see if I get a $100 gift card. Also made a call to DISH and the poor boy got an ear full by the time I was finished.

Unbelievable.

I wish I'd read you first.

They also scammed me....like a Nigerian Oil Minister....when they demanded a certified check or money order from me, before I could get the offered $100 rebate. I called and asked where to send a complaint and the gal in Texas actually said: "we don't have an address. We do all our work on the phone."

Fargo, North Dakota, United States #1105963

Thank you for this review on the gift card!I'm reading the fine print on this and all the other perky offers and have several red flags piping up.

Such as they can change the rate at any time for any reason with out justifying the cause. Anytime for any reason is literally in the fine print.

The gift card has gaggles of fine print that scream it is a hassle!So although I am considering this for Internet service I don't think I will be signing any gimmicky deals!