GoDish.com scams customers

27 of 27 Godish Reviews
Jul 25, 2009

GoDish.com is one of the subcontractors installing for dish network.These people charge $49.99 as an application fee, which they never disclose.I and others only found out about when receiving statements from the bank.

I specifically asked them if there would be any charge to my bank card and they said NO - that they only needed the information to get the service ball rolling.

Dish Network is aware that some of their contractors do this, but they don't care. Go Dish claims that they told me about this, but if they had, I never would have signed up with them.

To make things worse, I did agree to a 2-year contract.I have found some other reviews where the new customers were never even told about the 2-years upfront.

61d3af4
Review #151423
1.9
I had the same issue 0
Had an experience with GoDish?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Raped

Oct 18, 2013

Ordered a Dish package from a flyer that I got through the mail. Go Dish.com is a deceptive name for a third party that doesn't disclose that they are not the dish company. After getting the alert from my credit card about the extra $49.99 charge that I shouldn't have had to pay had I contacted Dish directly, I cancelled the order the same day and disputed the charge from Go Dish.com . I feel like a rape victim!

victim

Aug 20, 2013 Rapid City, South Dakota

My sister signed up aprox 4 months ago and does not have any credit/debit cards so I used my card with the representatives word and confirmation that my card was deleted off the account and could never be used again! On Friday, Aug 16th 2013, they took $750 from MY card for my SISTERS account! When I called for an explanation and refund, they apologized and said they could not refund my as there is no payment arrangements in the account! I requested they pull the call where their rep told me my card was deleted and could never be used again! They apologized again and said they can't do anything about it! Really! This is illegal! Please any future customers, do your research and do not let your family or friends be a victim like me! I'm trying to get it back from my sister but I know it's going to be a lengthy process and my kids have to suffer with school clothes! :(

jim

Jul 11, 2013 Lincolnton, North Carolina

this is exactly why I am checking what I can find out about GoDish. they have a local (NC) ad for $20/mo for HS internet. I feel so "used" by Charter who has gone up from $20/mo to a current $30./mo. We users seemingly have NO Regulators looking out for the consumer. This is a 50% increase in one year. Why do we pay the govt agencies? all they do is pretend to be our advocate :( :( and have dinner w/those overfed Rats they supposed to protect us from.

666lisafer

Jun 10, 2013 Lead Hill, Arkansas

This place misrepresented themselves as dish and is nothing but a scam. You don't realize they are a third party until you have a problem and call Dish directly. Oh and by the way Dish will tell you it's not there problem and to contact the third party that signed you. I say they can both kiss it after only 30 days I'm done!

May 25, 2013

Why?Is everyone so quick to give out their "Credit Card Information"?Why?Is it that "Know One Read's ,The Find Print Before Commiting To An Contract?Then everyone want's to "Cry About Their Credit Card Being Charged After The Fact.Eventurely you all will learn"Everything That Glitter's,Is not Gold".This is your fault.All companies does this.They ask for your "CREDIT CARD INFORMATION",So they can "Decieve and Rob You.I alway's give a "CREDIT CARD NUMBER THAT I AM GOING TO CLOSE SOON AFTER".This way they cannot remove anything that is not their.

edward

May 25, 2013 Stone Mountain, Georgia

called on 23rd to set up installation for tue may 28th GoDish told me i would pay 58.00 for sattlelite and 39.99 for internet. they only needed to charge 1.00 and i would be billed 58.00 plus tax the day of installation and internet free the first month. 5 minutes later i went to bank, they charged 60.00 plus 49.99 plus 100.00 for internet. i called them right back and cancelled ( they had and attitude) just found out they did not cancel the uverse

buckman

Mar 05, 2013 Crockett, Texas

Godish. com sent out flyers saying, High Speed Internet (ANYWHERE YOU LIVE) starting at $19.99 a month.
I called to try and get it, and they said that it is not available where I live for that price, and it would cost me $49.99 a month.
Sounds like false advertisement to me.

reply to buckman

Mar 26, 2013

*STARTING AT* 19.99 no matter where you live! Try and make sure you refer to everything on that flyer bud. Starting at always seems to be the part people leave off when they complain

I hate cry babies

Jun 25, 2013 Houston, Texas

Stop crying are you ignorant thinking thatbinternet is available every where in the us

Madmom

Dec 12, 2012

I asked the guy about additional charges and he said their would not be any. Do not call go dish, just call dishnetwork directly. The lady had the nerve to have an attitude when I asked her about the $49.99 fee. BIG RIP OFF. Could have do spent my $49.99 on something worth while, rather then a phone call.

Rhonda

Nov 16, 2012

This is the perfect scam!!!I asked the agent straight out "what exactly will be charged to my account". He specifically told me $26.97 by Dish. No other charges until the second month. First month was free. I had a certificate. Then, actually 15 days later, the charge showed up on my account. I called Dish, all they would say was to call Go Dish at 866-694-3474. I've called and just so happens, all operaters are busy. They say to call later and then hang up. Funny, if you were called to sign up, they'd answer immediately. What a scam!!! What a scam!!! Dish should be held accountable for this company using their name. It really discredits their name in my eyes.

Burns

Sep 20, 2012

:( I lent my friend my debit card to set her service up when she was told that her card would not go through due to some computer glitch with that type of card. Now GO-DISH is charging 53.61 on my account with out authorization. They told her that the card information would be removed when she gave them her information.

0 0 Reply
dumb ppl that dont pay attenti

Aug 28, 2012

Yes there's a processing fee, you are told, all it takes is paying attention to a contract that u are making, if you have a problem with the fee they will work with you, its no surprise you feel scammed when ur not paying attention, stop complaining and listen!

Kathryn

Aug 16, 2012

I am glad I read this as I considered going with this company as I am looking for a new provider, but from what I read here, I am going to keep looking.

Jenette Jackson

Jun 19, 2012

I called 18004960472 dish to see what my opinions where because I was frustrated with my Internet cutting off and my current service telling me I had to pay for them to fix there own equipment. Anyway I called and the man on the other in kept pushing me for my SSN and my bank information. He stated that he needed before he could give me a quote. When I didn't give it to him he transferred me to someone who works for my current provider or someone who sells for them saying that I don't qaulify for there services since I do not have a credit card. I do have a credit card more then one which I shop everywhere online. The man made an assumption because I told him my children have autism and I need my service to work properly. I even told him that my current services where paid inadvance so I wasn't ready to move just yet just wanted my opinions.. ANYONE WHO WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION BEFORE YOU HAVING TO YOUR BANK INFO AND SSN HAS BAD INTENTIONS!!!! NOW I KNOW WHY THESE DISH PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS CHASING AFTER YOU IN THE WALMART PARKING LOT! There business practices are all bad and frankly they don't qualify for my business my credit card number or anything else I have.

James M

May 16, 2012

All these people on here that used to work for GoDish.... I did listen to the adviser, i did hear about the 49.99... i said "i thought it was only the first month which is 59.95, why are you charging me 49.99? you know what just cancel everything, forget about it, i don't want any service." He said, "let me put you on hold....... OK i just spoke to my supervisor and we are going to wave the fee." I felt he was BSing me so i made sure to say, "so there will be no charge on my card besides 59.95 from dish or your retailer center correct?" he said yes... 4 days later, the 49.99 charge is there.. cant wait to see what their next move is, i called and they said they were going to listen to recording, i hope they don't try anything funny because i will ask for a copy of the recording and if they cant provide that and i don't get my money back... I always enjoy a day in court. :)

Mike M

Dec 07, 2012 Houston, Texas

I was told they would listen to my recording also, they never replied. When I called them back they said they reviewed it and said I wasn't forced onto a contract. Every call is a different lie...

you're seriously dumb

Jan 17, 2013

There's no way in *** they would say that, you sign a 24mo agreement. There's no way out once you're installed, the PF does not get charged untill AFTER installation. I'm sure you were that person who requested for the recording to be checked and once they called you with the results it turned out that you were told, so you get mad and demand to listen to the recording and so you do...and you heard loud and clear where the sales rep tells you about the fee AND YOU STILL WANT TO B+#CH

0 0 Reply
PPL dont read or listen.

Mar 27, 2012

Everyone is happy when they know they are getting a deal. But then they seem to block out the rest off the pitch when they tell them about the hiiden fees/or dont read the fine print about the agreement or fees they have. Its is a contract you sign it?or agree on it on the phone so pay attention to what is says/or what they tell you bottom of the line. DUH

Peg

Feb 27, 2012

Well all I can say to all of you defending this disclosure issue is SLOW THE F** DOWN THEN WHEN READING IT AND AT THE END OF THE CALL REVIEW IT AS IN: 1) OK MAM/SIR THAT SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION LETS REVIEW THERE WILL BE A $49.99 PROCESSING FEE, AND A $1.00 PING TO CHECK YOUR CARD (IN FACT IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE AS WE SPEAK) AND A $43.93 (Or whatever amt is quoted) FOR YOUR FIRST MONTHS SERVICE (before you actually get your service installed)........
HOW ABOUT DOING THAT or WOULD THAT SCREW UP YOUR YES I WILL SAY IT - SCAM SCRIPT

Showing 1-20 of 91 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about GoDish.
Filing a new complaint about
×